30 March, 2008

Statement Of Principle, Public Transport Edition

People for whom I will give up my seat on the tram, or otherwise allow to beat me to the next available free seat:
  • the usual suspects: old people, limping people and pregnant people (NB. The latter category is a bit iffy, and Your Host would recommend proceeding with caution lest Regular-Not-Pregnant Fatty gives you an icy stare thereby forcing you, for face-saving's sake, to get off at the next stop and pretend that was your plan all along.)
  • those carrying lots of stuff or looking generally pooped
  • those who have clearly paid to ride the tram when I have not
However, it is every man for himself if:
  • that person is wearing unattractive footwear (I'm looking at you, girl in black lace-up ugg boots);
  • that person is grotesquely obese (Greater Good principle - two people can sit where one larger person sits); or
  • I really, really want to sit down.

No comments: